U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Logan, UT
A 20-year-old female asked:

20 yo f. pars defect @ l5 and facet arthritis in l2-l5. chronic since march. pt, and injections help very little. bracing doesnt help either. options?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Steven Simon
A Verified Doctoranswered
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 39 years experience
See spine surgeon: A pain doctor can determine if the pars defect is the cause of,pain. If so, then surgery is an option, spinal cord stimulation, and various pain meds can help,this situation.
Last updated Mar 25, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.