NY

swollen gland next to my right jawline. canker sore on the right side of my mouth as well. are they associated or should i be worried?

Dr. James Goodpaster
Dentistry 29 years experience
Be Concerned: See your dentist. It could be nothing but it could also be an abscessed tooth that requires treatment and antibiotics. The "canker sore" could be the abscess draining. Also, pathos ulcers are usually associated with stress (physical or emotional) and it is possible something else is causing both issues.
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
Pain Management 36 years experience
Be patient: Canker sore is the most common oral lesions. Individual ulcers typically last 1-2 weeks. Complications of canker sores can include fever, swollen glands, and feeling run-down. If concerned, see your doctor for evaluation.