Warrenton, VA

My tonsils are swollen and my uvula is connected to my right tonsil. it's been like this for a month now. i see white spots in the back. what is wrong?

Dr. Hushang Haghighat
Specializes in Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
Throat Culture: You should see doctor to have throat culture for beta strep infection and if positive to be treated with antibiotic.
Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 30 years experience
Maybe nothing or ...: Large tonsils, in & of themselves, aren't necessarily abnormal. Nor are white spots on back of throat (might be food!). If you're feeling sick eg sore throat, fever, swollen glands, etc, that's something different (retropharyngeal abscess?). Bottom line, you need to go see your family doc for evaluation & testing.

Last updated Dec 13, 2014