Would liver chemistry tests be enough to show liver damage/ jaundice? i have orange urine in the morning, and only goes light after drinking lots

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Ed Friedlander answered

Specializes in Pathology

Bilirubin in the liver makes it look more brown and often with brownish foam. Concentrated urine is expected to be orangey-yellow; I trust your last visit to your physician didn't show blood in your urine. If you're taking fancy vitamins or some meds, the orange color can be odd. If everything else checks out & chem profile is good, I'd not be concerned.

Answered Dec 6, 2020

3.5k views