So i have peirced my ears 5 years ago myself and haven't had any earings in and no matter what every month or so i get a lump and pop it and white pus?

Dr. John Fung
General Surgery 40 years experience
Epidermoid cyst ?: If you have pierced ears and the area of the painful lump is close by, you could have epidermoid cyst. This is caused by implantation of epidermis (skin cells) into the dermis (below the skin level) during ear piercing. They can also be caused by a blocked pore adjacent to the piercing. Cysts can be removed by surgical excision if it is causing significant discomfort.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 9, 2014