Trumbull, CT

I want to get the webbing under my toung pierced next week. i smoke and i hear it's bad to smoke with a new web piercing. is this true?

Dr. Derek Farley
Urgent Care 24 years experience
Yes: Because it is bad (for your health) to smoke without a piercing, too.
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Smoking is BAD: Smoking is bad for you if you get a new web piercing, and it is also bad for you if you DON"T get a new web piercing. Quitting smoking is most likely the best thing you can do now for your health. Do you know the key to success of quitting smoking? Do it when you are alive. Keep trying if you don't succeed the first time. Set a firm quit date and stick to it. Quit Smoking! Quit Smoking!

Last updated May 16, 2015