Bf sucked breast and left a bruise and a hard lump appeared few wks ago.lump is still there but it has gotten a lot smaller dime size now. be worried?

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Peter Baumann answered

Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology

Blood clot: since you are mentioning the bruise my suggestion is that it was in fact a blood clot (hematoma) that your BF's sucking created. The blood clot is now resolving and there is a good chance that it will disappear completely. however don't be surprised if a little tissue density remains.

Answered 12/4/2014

3.5k views

Dr. Erin Robertson answered

Specializes in General Practice

Nope.: The mammary glands are well supported in a fibrous matrix. He did some damage. It's fibrous connective tissue remodeling. Give it more time. If it gets painful or larger, get an exam.

Answered 12/6/2014

3.5k views

Dr. Georgia Latham answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Not worry: There is no reason to be concerned, the lump was caused by trauma and should heal completely without causing any problems. Continue to monitor the lump until it goes completely away, and don't worry about it. Repeated trauma to your breast tissue may cause some problems, so I suggest setting some healthy limits with your boyfriend.

Answered 12/4/2014

3.5k views