Sometimes i get a headache late at night before sleeping, supposedly sinus headache, and it can be hard to sleep. should i be concerned? two regular advil (ibuprofen) get rid of it, but advil (ibuprofen) irritates my bowels.

6 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Paul Grin answered

Specializes in Pain Management

See a specialist: Any headache must be viewed as a valid medical disorder and the headache assessment must be comprehensive. See an orofacial pain or headache specialist for diagnosis evaluation and preventative treatment.

Answered 11/28/2014

3.5k views

Dr. Erin Robertson answered

Specializes in General Practice

Treat the condition : not the symptom. If sinus congestion is causing the pain, let's control the sinus congestion. #1 Pseudoephedrine - not phenylephrine - is good for the short-term, but you can get rebound congestion, so get the 12-24hr. #2 Hypoallergenic dust mite pillows and pillow liners. Wash weekly with bleach. #3 Consider portable Hepa filter air purifier for bedroom. #4 Get ENT eval. #5 Singulair (montelukast).

Answered 11/27/2014

3.5k views

Dr. Yash Khanna answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Get it checked: We don't know how long you have been having these headches but if these are happening frequently or daily,I will suggest you do not guess and have it checked by your Doctor to find the cause

Answered 10/6/2016

3k views