IN

I have lpr and on nexium (esomeprazole) 40 mg twice i use to lie down immediately after meals will it cause any harm or will the effectiveness decre?

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Reflux: laying down after a meal will not change how the medication works. However, your reflux will be worse as food and acid will go up into your esophagus. This is independent of the medication. In other words, you need to use your medicine and not lay down after a meal for best benefit.
Dr. Andrew Seibert
Gastroenterology 35 years experience
No harm, but…: Being supine after meals can encourage acid reflux. If you must lie down after a meal, be sure that the bed is tilted. Otherwise, I would encourage you not doing so, to decrease the risk of more acid reflux. Good luck.

Last updated Feb 8, 2018