Singapore

hi doc. can i actually be pregnant then have my period?

Dr. Liesa Harte
Pregnant: No, you cannot be pregnant and have a period. You could have some other sort of vaginal bleeding, but not a period.

Is it possible to get my period while pregnant?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
No: Once you are pregnant you will not get a period. You may have vaginal bleeding but this is not your period and should be reported to your doctor.

If i'm on my period, could I still get pregnant?

Dr. David Finke
Unlikely: I never say never, but typically a normal period indicates that ovulation did occur, but fertilization and implantation did not. Once the lining of the uterus is shedding, it is unlikely to result in pregnancy.

I only have my period once a yeardoes that mean i'm not able to get pregnant except one week a year?

Dr. John Berryman
Rare menstruation ?: A "period once a year" is unusual unless the cause is polycystic ovarian disease, as it usually reflects no ovulation as the cause. Your chances of pregnancy will be enhanced if regular ovulation can be established. See a reproductive endocrinologist to determine the cause, if pregnancy is desired, but a gyn physician if not, and oral bcp's may be helpful to avoid long term estrogen effects.
WI

I am two weeks later for my period and took a test last. Week and it said negative could I still be pregnant and what should I do?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Retake test: There are lots of reasons a persons period can be late. If there is a chance you could be pregnant then you should repeat a home pregnancy test. If it is negative then waiting a few weeks to see if it returns is reasonable. If it does not then it is time to visit your friendly obgyn doctor.

How long will it take for my period to start after first pregnancy?

Dr. Michael Teitelbaum
Dentistry 32 years experience
It varies: It can take weeks to months, but you may be able to get pregnant again before your next period comes, so be careful or have fun depending....

Last updated Nov 23, 2014