Malta
A 50-year-old female asked about a 79-year-old female:

if not a stroke as mri states, what cd be the cause of sudden immobility of left arm and leg and speech impediment ,left side of face is droopy. tnks?

Dr. David Lipkin
Possible TIA?: Sudden weakness/paralysis of one side of the body along with speech difficulty would usually indicate a stroke if the symptoms persisted for many hours or a day. In this case the MRI should indicate brain damage(infarction). If the neurological symptoms resolved within a day or so, and a MRI was done afterward and was normal, it would indicate a Transient Ischemic Attack. SEE www.bit.ly/1qu6w2M