U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Clinton, NC
A 25-year-old female asked about a 25-year-old male:

While play fight with my soon to be husband..i kicked pretty hard in his mouth not meaning to but now his gum is bleeding and turning blue and black between his two front teeth..what should we do?

5 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Dr. Debra Rosenblatt
Dentistry 39 years experience
Go see your dentist: I think it is imperative to visit the dentist as soon as possible to make sure that no damage to the dentition or gingiva.
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 37 years experience
See a dentist: You bruised his mouth and like other bruises there can be bleeding and you can see black and blue bruises. This will heal. The concern is the teeth. If they are loose or broken see a dentist ASAP.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Call a dentist: Have the teeth examined and monitored. In the future, think twice when play fighting.. accidents happen.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 37 years experience
See your dentist: An examination procedure is essential in order to establish a correct diagnosis of all soft and hard tissue injuries. See your dentist for examination, x-rays and treatment if needed. Take some NSAIDs OTC to control pain and inflammation. Good luck.
Dr. Diane Minich
Family Medicine 38 years experience
See dentist asap: It sounds like their is damage to the teeth.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Dec 2, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.