U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 20-year-old female asked:

Having sharp,throbbing pain on my upper left back for more than a year.it has worsen as now it radiates to my left arm cant sit for >30mins.wht to do?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Moshe Lewis
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 26 years experience
See spine Specialist: There are several possibilities that require a Specialist to evaluate you for a complete history and physical exam. These include cervical disc disease,muscle spasm, radiculopathy & thoracic outlet to name the most common.They would do imaging like an MRI/Xray and determine if you can start Physical therapy or need other treatments first which could include medication or injections.Keep me updated
Last updated Jan 16, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.