i used coconut oil for lubricant 5 days ago, and my vagina/vulva is burning, itchy, swollen, painful. i used monostat 1, and still feel uncomfortable.

Dr. Philip Miller
Allergic reaction: I agree that you should never use coconut oil as a vaginal lubricant. I suggest careful washing with baby soap to remove any remnants and then use Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and topical 1% hydro cortisone to the external vaginal area. See your GYN on Monday. Stop th Monistst and use Sitz baths ( 2 lbs of epsom salts in 6-8 inches of warm water, for 15 minutes 3-4 times a day.
Answered on Jan 25, 2016
1