is it ok to give my child chewable food while she is teething?

Dr. Kevin Windisch
Yes: As long as she already has teeth.
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-healy
Yes: It is o.K as long as your baby can manage the food offered. Keep in mind gums are tender and many infants rather not chew bacause of pain, and prefer drinking their bottle.
No: Babies don't really chew, even when they have some teeth. In toddlers, real chewing happens after 18 months (when the first molars appear), and even better chewing happens after 2 years (when the second molars appear). I don't recommend teething biscuits or any other cookies for babies, because chunks of biscuits tend to break off. The chunks may gag and choke babies.
Dr. Aaron Cregger
Dentistry 15 years experience
SMALL: Very small pieces and always observe as they are at much more of a risk for choking with the minimal chewing capacity!
Dr. Eyal Simchi
Specializes in Pediatric Dentistry
Carefully: As long as your child is comfortable eating those specific foods the fact that they are teething should not effect the ability to eat.
Dr. Charlene Sojico
It is OK : If your baby is 9 months and older. If premie, need corrected age of 9 months!