MS

My ent says because i can hear myself breathing in my right ear at times i might have to have tubes in my right ear again. ?

Dr. Susana Sixto-rodriguez
Ear Fluid: How old are you? If your Eustachian tube is filling with fluid and not draining properly you can have this sensation. If it is constant it can affect your hearing. Make sure you f/u with the ENT. This typically happens as a child, if you are an adult you want to make sure it's not due to a lymphoma causing the blockage. Good Luck
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jonathan Owens
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 35 years experience
Patulous Eustachian: Tube. Hearing your breathing loudly in the ear usually occurs with patulous Eustachian tube, or a tube that is always open. Placement of an ear tube can at times relieve the symptom. Sounds like you should discuss further with your ENT.
Last updated Nov 14, 2014