Durham, NH

very small cut but red steak coming off of it on my leg. can this wait until monday when doctors office is open?

Dr. Richard Zimon
NO: The "red streak" means LYMPHATIC spread of a skin infection! You need an antibiotic. Go to urgent care center or ER. Not a good idea to wait since its SATURDAY!! Good luck Hope this helps Dr Z
Dr. Philip Miller
Apply direct pressure: For 10 minutes after washing area well with soap and water. If bleeding continues to ooze after ten minutes get checked at ER or UC clinic.
Dr. Robert Sterling
Red Stripe's A Beer!: The red streak means that your first defense at the site of injury is failing. Your next defense,at the lymph nodes,may work but it's taking a chance,especially if you have other problems(?diabetes).If the streak manages to extend all the way up to your groin, the time for waiting is over! If you are going to wait,clean out that wound thoroughly with soap and water.You may also need a tetanus shot