U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 49-year-old member asked:

What could this thickening mass of tissue in left breast be?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Charles Whiting
Obstetrics and Gynecology 28 years experience
Fibrocystic change?: Any breast lump or thickening mass of tissue on the breast could be breast-cancer. You need to be seen in person for an exam and possibly imaging. You should be seen right away. One in eight women in the USA get breast-cancer so don't take any chances. There are other things such as fibrocystic change. Best wishes!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 1, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.