Panama City, FL

I'm on my feet a lot , and get achy legs.. can being on your feet a lot cause a dvt ?

Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology 35 years experience
No, usually: it is the opposite situation(prolonged immobility) that can predispose to DVT. If you are walking around a lot, you are not placing yourself at risk for DVT.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. John Landi
Phlebology 49 years experience
Standing and DVT.: Standing and being on your feet for long periods of time should not cause DVT or increase your risk of developing DVT. In fact, it should have just the opposite affect. By standing and moving your calf muscle contract to move the blood out of the veins to help to prevent clotting to occur.
Last updated Mar 31, 2018