IN

After exercise in the morning i am getting sleep .... can i take a nap of one hour ?...and please advise me how to get rid of excessive sleepiness?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
Let me try to help: Sleep, eat, get hydrated and listen to your body, Those very important advice for anybody doing exercise. You could try to take a nap after the workout, drink fluids and food. Also be sure you have no other problems health wise. Good luck
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Depends: It is important to get the right amount of sleep as many people are sleep deprived. Most people say 7-8 hours a day is ideal. This can be divided to include a nap schedule permitting. If you are requiring substantially more than that then a good medical workup and possibly a sleep study should be done to rule out a medical condition such as sleep apnea for example.

Last updated Jan 27, 2016