IN

After exercise in the morning i am getting sleep .... can i take a nap of one hour ?...and please advise me how to get rid of excessive sleepiness?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 50 years experience
Let me try to help: Sleep, eat, get hydrated and listen to your body, Those very important advice for anybody doing exercise. You could try to take a nap after the workout, drink fluids and food. Also be sure you have no other problems health wise. Good luck
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 30 years experience
Depends: It is important to get the right amount of sleep as many people are sleep deprived. Most people say 7-8 hours a day is ideal. This can be divided to include a nap schedule permitting. If you are requiring substantially more than that then a good medical workup and possibly a sleep study should be done to rule out a medical condition such as sleep apnea for example.
Last updated Jan 27, 2016