U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Merritt Island, FL
A 76-year-old male asked:

Unable to walk since they detoxed me from 8 mg of lorazapam( on it 9 years) in only 4 days,should i try to find another doctor to put me back on ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Thomas Knecht
A Verified Doctoranswered
33 years experience
Give it time: Hi. I'd give it some time to even out. Isn't it nice to be off something you've been addicted to for years? Quitting would be for naught if you just go back on. And then the risk of falling goes right back up. Good luck and be safe!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 4, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.