i want to know why do i feel like i have something in my throat and when i try to burp something want to go up my throat but cannot get out?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Ahmad Ibrahim
18 years experience Urgent Care
Get checked: Having the sensation of something in your throat could be tonsillitis, pharyngitis, strep, mono, a fish bone, a scratch or referred pain from swallowing. Please see your doctor for a full check up.
Answered on May 4, 2018
Dr. David Lipkin
Hard to say: When a person feels like something is in the throat but they are able to swallow normal size portions of food it's not likely anything is actually blocking or sitting in the esophagus(food tube). Sometimes gastro-esophageal reflux can cause stomach contents to "go backward" up the esophagus and even reach the throat. Should the above symptoms persist see a physician. For Reflux info:bit.ly/ZquHBK
Answered on Jan 25, 2019