U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 31-year-old female asked:

Bone spur at the bottom of my heal. tried everything. injections cold bottle. medications. etc. what's the next option?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Lee Wittenberg
Podiatry 23 years experience
Plantar Fasciitis: Conservative treatments of plantar fasciitis consist of stretching and icing, physical therapy, night splints, orthotics and cortisone injections. There are other types of therapy, such as PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injections and therapies to stimulate healing through your own bodies natural processes. If these fail, surgery is an option, but will permanently destabilize your arch.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 31 years experience
Multiple: This is likely plantar fasciitis. The more invoked options are using a nighttime orthotic, modalities, injection therapy, or even surgery. Most cases do get better on their own at some point, but it sometimes takes several months.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 6, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.