Queens, NY

Everytime after i move my bowels and wipe my behind i see red dots or streak of blood on toilet paper. not on first wipe but on 3rd or fourth. why?

Dr. Jefferson Svengsouk
Rectal Bleeding: Given that you're not seeing the blood on the toilet paper until you've wiped a number of times suggests that the wiping itself is contributing to the bleeding, and that the source is from external areas that you are able to wipe. You may wish to wipe more gently, use softer paper or toilet wipes. If it continues or worsens or is painful you might want to see a medical professional.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 29, 2015