Fort Smith, Arkansas

I have had hemorrhoids for a few days now and i am noticing red blood drops in toilet and on stool. is this normal with hemorrhoids??

Dr. Laura Anissian
Yes: Sure could be completely normal. If it continues and is increasing amounts, then I would have your hemoglobin checked.
Dr. M. Hytham Beck
Surgery 44 years experience
Yes and no: in General bright red blood dripping or found while wiping for somebody in your age is related to a hemorrhoid or anal fissures saying that I will feel more comfortable if you see a doctor for proper evaluation mean while try to keep your stool soft hydrate yourself well eat more fibers eat more fruit and more vegetables and you can use OTC ointment good luck
Last updated Dec 18, 2014