so im 17 and recently partook in a school blood drive, after getting my test results back, they said that i had syphilis, i havent told my parents yet, because im not prepared for what they will say, but i also cannot go see a doctor without their consent

4 doctor answers
Dr. Hasan Khondker
Std clinic: i believe there are clinics specifically geared towards std that do not require parental consent. that being said if they start treatment your parents should be aware so it is in your best interest to discuss it with them at some point.
Answered on Sep 29, 2016
Dr. Ajay Acharya
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
You need treatment.: You need treatment and also your partner. You have to stop sex, get treated and get tested after few weeks. You also carry the risk of Hepatitis, HIV,. That need to be checked. Find your rationale.
Answered on Oct 11, 2014
43 years experience Pathology
Good for you!: I want to thank you for being a blood donor. Anybody can catch syphilis and I hope that Sharing love has given you a wonderful memory to treasure. You can see a physician without your parents consent for syphilis, or your family physician can keep your confidence and tell your folks whatever. Or Dad might actually be cooler that you thought. Maybe. Do get this seen. Best wishes.
Answered on Dec 30, 2015
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
52 years experience Infectious Disease
Maybe not syphilis: First, your test result needs to be confirmed. Syphilis is rare at your age (17), especially if no sex with other men. The tests aren't perfect, maybe you don't have it. Second, I agree with Dr. Friedlander that it would be best to discuss w/ your parents. But if you cannot, in all states STD care is OK for minors without parental consent. Contact the health dept or a community clinic.
Answered on May 30, 2015