Kansas City, MO
A 30-year-old female asked about a 30-year-old female:

ecg comparison changes inverted t-wave. i had spinal injury before the 1st ecg cervical thoracic lumbosacral neuritis. is it related to spine or cns?

Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 44 years experience
Possibly: Which lead(s) is/are involved and the depth of T wave inversion are important variables. Some T waves are labile and may invert without significance. T waves are normally inverted in AVR and V1. They are often inverted normally in AVL and somtimes AVF. Brain injury is a well known non-cardiac cause of TWI but lumbosacral neuritis has nothing to do with T waves. Abn electrolytes can also be facto
Dr. Darrell Herrington
Not likely.: See a cardiologist for evaluation -- even subtle EKG changes may indicate underlying problems.
Dr. Anita Prakash
Cardiology 29 years experience
Yes possibly: It is well documented that there is a whole gamut of ST/T changes that can occur in the setting of CNS injury, ranging from subtle ST Changes, sinus arrhythmia/sinus tachycardia, etc. IF you have risk factors for CAD, and are having chest pain/pressure, then see a cradiologist sooner than later.