TX

I was assaulted in the face at work by a male customer. he has yet to be arrested, is it normal to experience anxiety issues from that if so how long?

Dr. Michael Roman
Absolutely: really no timetable for this. It will take time. But no way of telling how long it will be to get over this. May help to talk with someone. Reach out to support groups. Or ask your doctor for some guidance
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 37 years experience
Yes: It certainly sounds 'normal' to me. Anxiety was made for responding to threats of harm. This is just that. Further, you've also suffered secondary trauma. Try to find an experienced therapist to avert or nip in the bud PTSD. Try to build or join a support group to call for a just response and protection for you and others like you. Becoming an activist can empower you to Overcome!
Last updated Sep 28, 2016