Seeing my therapist is making me lose my mind . Resurfacing old emotions, ready to quit going if I get worse. Is this normal response to therapy?

Dr. Alan Kelly
26 years experience in Internal Medicine
Try CBT: You might want to try cognitive behavioral therapy. It can be more goal & skill-set oriented. It assumes that changing negative thinking leads to a change in behavior. So instead of digging up old mental trauma, it teaches you skills to cope with future stress. They can teach you to stop bad ways of thinking such as overgeneralizing, magnifying negatives, minimizing positives & "awfulizing."
Answered on Oct 10, 2014
1