A 34-year-old member asked:

The base of skull hurts & i have stabbing pain in my right ear. what could it be?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. David Mann
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 32 years experience
Neuralgia: You may have what is called neuralgia. There are medications (i.e., gabapentin, tegretol, etc.) to help this. You need to see your doctor for further testing such as ct or MRI just to make sure there is no tumor, etc.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 23, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.