My great-grandmother, grandmother, and mom had breast cancer, and i'm scared i'm going to get it. what are my chances?

Dr. M. Hytham Beck
General Surgery 43 years experience
Higher risk: you definitely have a higher risk of developing breast cancer the good news is there is many ways of testing and preventing breast cancer now a days first your doctor can order genetic testing that can predict if you have the gene that could lead you to breast cancer and if that is the case there is many ways of prevention so do not let the fear stop you from seeking the truth good luck
Dr. Louis Cooper
Try to learn as much as you can from your doctor and from your family. Genetic testing will allow you to look into your medical future, though not all breast cancers are genetically transmitted. Education will allow you to be evaluated early and treated early and help prevent serious illness. I hope you will be healthy.
Oct 5, 2014