My dad is deathly allergic to bees and wasps but i've never been stung by either. if don't want to find out the hard way. also are allergies genetic? could i be deathly allergic to bee stings too?

Dr. Tanya Russo
Possibly: Severe allergy to a single thing such as bee stings is not necessarily familial/genetic, but certain families DO have the tendency to be hypersensitive to things (leading to asthma, allergies and eczema). Blood tests are available to see if you also have this tendency towards severe reactions. Ask you doctor about testing for hymenoptera allergies, to be on the safe side.