Magnolia, NC

what is half of a 0.5 milligram xanax (alprazolam)?

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
Pain Management 36 years experience
0.25 mg: 0.5 mg/2 = 0.25 mg; 0.25 mg+.0.25 mg = 0.5 mg
A quarter milligram: or 0.25 mg of alprazolam.

Can anyone tell me please, is there any good but cheap websites to buy Xanax (alprazolam) without a prescription?

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
NO!: Xanax (alprazolam) is a controlled substance and only available by prescription; any website selling this without a prescription would be in violation of federal law and subject to prosecution.

Whats the average amount of Xanax (alprazolam) a person should take?

Dr. Julian Bragg
Neurology 17 years experience
Little as possible: While Xanax (alprazolam) can be very helpful in the short term, it should only be used as a rescue medicine and not be taken on a regular basis. As a general rule, if you are needing more than 1 tablet per week for more than a month or so, that is a sign that a longer-lasting medication should be added to allow cutting down on the xanax (alprazolam).
Dr. Samuel Bayles
Child Psychiatry 19 years experience
i agree with Dr Bragg. xanax is a poor choice for long term control of anxiety. it should be used rarely or as a rescue medication.
Aug 8, 2014

What is Xanax (alprazolam) use for?

Dr. Samuel Miles
Anxiety: Xanax (alprazolam) is used to treat anxiety.
Ireland

Hi. I am scared about flights. Today I have to flight. How much dosage of Xanax (alprazolam) will help me and what time before to take it? Thanks

Dr. Robert Jacoby
Neurology 32 years experience
Depends: Xanax (alprazolam) is a fast short acting anti-anxiety medication. I would take it 30 mins before take off or earlier if anxious at the airport. Take the lowest dose that reduces your anxiety. Its always easy to add a 1/2 tablet if needed but if you take to much you wont feel well. Always take a test dose before the flight in the safety of your home because you need to know how your body reacts to the med

What should I do about potential that I could be allergic to Xanax (alprazolam) after I've taken it?

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Depends on allergy: What most people think is allergy is really another form of an adverse drug reaction - a side effect of the drug. Most of these are self-limited, and you should talk to the provider who prescribed it or your pharmacist. If it is truly allergy - hives, itching, trouble breathing, swollen tongue etc. - see your doctor or go to urgent care immediately. If it's not prescribed, don't take it.

Last updated Sep 5, 2019