I'm on 10mg of lexapro (escitalopram) a day and i can not sleep to save my life. i'm so tired i can't stand it. is it safe for me to take 2 advil pm?

Probably: But if the lexapro (escitalopram) is sedating you - would take that at night. Have you considered melatonin instead of advil pm?
Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 55 years experience
What time of day: What time of day do you take the lexapro (escitalopram). Sometimes it can interfer with your sleep if you take it at night, Then you take it in the morning. This is something you need to discuss with your physician and you may need a sleep evaluation or even a sleep study.
Dr. Thomas Knecht
Yes, it's safe: Hi. It's certainly safe to take Advil PM. But unless you're treating pain and need the ibuprofen component, why not just take diphenhydramine, the sedating antihistamine component? Try diphenhydramine 25 mg at bedtime, and if that doesn't help, try 50 mg. If that doesn't do it you could see your doc and try trazodone or a controlled substance sleep aid. Good luck and goodnight!
Dr. Tanya Russo
No interaction: It would be unlikely for these medications to interact with one another if taken in recommended doses. Since some people find that the diphenhydramine makes them feel groggy in the morning, melatonin may be another option to consider as a sleep aid.

Last updated Jan 29, 2021