Semmes, AL

I awoke this morning to a pain in the lower left region of my torso- my gut, i suppose i'd say. do you have any idea of what could be causing it?

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Lower left pain: Limited information. Could be constipation, diverticulitis (rare at your age),hernia, kidney stone, muscle sprain. Would seek medical attention.
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Provided original answer
may also be bladder infection
Sep 29, 2014
Dr. Susan Rhoads
See Doc: If you still have abdominal pain, it is time see a doc today. If the pain is severe, or constant, or getting worse and you have fever, vomiting, etc., head to ain ER. Hopefully it has resolved by now!
Dr. Arun Patel
Needs to be checked: Pain in the left side of the abdomen could be related to constipation. However if the pain persists I would recommend that you see a physician. If you have fever, nausea, vomiting accompanying this pain you should be seen in the emergency room.
Dr. Stephen Southard
Difficult to say: Unfortunately without having a better sense of what the pain is like, what makes it better/worse, or any other associated symptoms(like nausea, diarrhea, urinary issues), this is a very difficult question to answer. There are a lot of reasons to have pain in that area, from colon to kidney, even muscles could be responsible. If it persists or worsens see your doctor.

Last updated Sep 29, 2016