yesterday i slammed the upper side of my head into a door, instantly had ear pressure on that side of my head that had now turned into an earache. why?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Edwin Ishoo
27 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Head trauma: You have sustained trauma to your ear and your head. I strongly recommend seeking medical attention for a physical exam to sees the extent of any injury. Ear pressure may be due to blood in the ear canal or middle ear space,
Answered on Sep 28, 2014
Dr. Stephen Rothstein
38 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Ear: Although you should check it out, you may have hit a branch of the trigeminal nerve which could give you those symptoms. Have your ear checked soon
Answered on Sep 28, 2014