U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Midland, MI
A 25-year-old female asked:

I've been getting chills,headache,tummy ache and dizziness for 3 days now. i've taken aleve (naproxen) but i don't feel better. then i threw up today,can't eat?

3 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
Viral illness?: Sounds as if you should either see a doctor ASAP or try OTC cold preparations to ameliorate symptoms and if not effective, see a doctor. Hope you are better soon.
Dr. Cynthia Archer
Internal Medicine 20 years experience
Time to see a doctor: This may be a simple illness that will go away on its own or it may be something serious. Only you know how sick you feel. If this is unusually severe, you can't keep fluids down, you aren't making urine or you feel as though you are likely to pass out when you stand, it's time to go to the ER and get fluids via IV, as well as a diagnosis. If you have sick contacts you probably have the same bug.
Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Hospital-based practice 22 years experience
Abdominal prob 4 ER: I think the chills, abdominal pain, & vomiting could be pointing to an abdominal problem... appendicitis? Gallbladder stone? Something worse? It's probably not more serious than an "-itis" or infxn, but get to an ER or urgent care center & get checked by a doctor quick. Don't monkey around w/ Aleve (naproxen) as it will do nothing for chills and vomiting, & may increase ur risk of bleeding if u need surgery

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Aug 16, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.