U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Augusta, ME
A 40-year-old female asked:

Burned arm on an iron yesterday. quarter size blister formed and ruptured and area is now raw, red and painful. time to see a doc or treat at home?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Varun Verma
Internal Medicine 14 years experience
Home management: Without seeing it; sounds like you have a partial thickness 2nd degree burn. You can use something like bacitracin or polysporin (bacitracin and polymyxin). Home management challenge is finding the right type of bandage that won't stick to the wound. Also obviously use an oral analgesic like acetaminophen for pain. May take 2-3 weeks to heal. Doc visit will hep determine if it needs excision and/or skin grafting to heal
Dr. Harold Bacchus
Specializes in Occupational Medicine
quarter size...only...topical cream enuff
Sep 25, 2014
Last updated Oct 31, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.