A 33-year-old member asked:

What to do if i have pain in right side of neck that radiates up around my ear and into my temple?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Franklyn Gergits
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 31 years experience
Neck/Ear pain: Hello, i would first think of tmj. The jaw joint may become inflamed and benefit from otc ibuprophen. I usually have patients use this as directed for 10 days. Also avoid repetitive jaw motion like gum chewing. See your doctor for confirmation. Physical therapy and possibly a dental splint while sleeping may help. TMJ commonly refers pain to the ear and temples.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 7, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.