U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old member asked:

What to do if hemorrhoid problems?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Mark Kuhnke
General Surgery 42 years experience
Here you go..: Stay well hydrated, add a bulk laxative (e.g. metamucil,) eat a balanced diet with fibre, and be efficient when using the toilet. Do not linger. there are many topical hemorrhoidal agents, e.g. Anusol, which you can use. If necessary, seek help from a colorectal surgeon or general surgeon with anorectal experience. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Nir Hus
Dr. Nir Hus commented
General Surgery 18 years experience
Eventually they all get worse with time. I would seek a surgeon to consult and examine you.
Sep 28, 2014
Last updated Oct 31, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.