A 22-year-old male asked:
forgot to clean fridge before travelling, opened fridge and inhaled rotten/mould smell, cleaned it up now.. but are there any risks of inhaling that?
1 doctor answer • 1 doctor weighed in
Internal Medicine and Pediatrics 11 years experience
Unlikely: "Mold toxicity" is not considered a mainstream medical problem as there is really no evidence that it exists.
3.7k viewsAnswered >2 years ago
Last updated Sep 22, 2014
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with
Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.