U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old female asked:

I was put in a knee immobilizer for a month due to a dislocated patella. the brace keeps sliding down and does not support my knee can i ask for cast ?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Raymond Schneider
47 years experience
You can but you may not like it.: When we do a cast for a knee injury it is a straight leg cast. This means that you can't bend your knee at all and you have to hobble around on crutches. Perhaps you can work on fitting that knee brace a little better.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 3, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.