MI

after a er visit i was diagnosed with kidney stones i had a cat scan done the urologist said i have a tumor 1.9 cm on my adrenal gland now what?

Dr. James Lin
Here are some ...: The finding of 1.9-cm adrenal tumor is called incidentaloma, which is found unexpectedly while a CT is done for other reason such as possible stone. How to handle such tumor? Is it functional or nonfunctional, or benign or malignant? Fortunately, most of them are nonfunctional & benign. For more detail? To http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=adrenal+incidentaloma+guidelines for more details.
Dr. Rex Mahnensmith
Adrenal tumor: Requires further evaluation - most of these are not carcinoma but are adenoma - not malignant. However, malignancy is possible. The tumor can be functional - secreting excess hormones -- or non functional - just a growth. Workup requires blood and urine testing and additional imaging tests. Work up Is essential.