MA

i have a staph infection on my arm. the doctor drew a line on my arm to watch, prescribed cephelexan for 10 days and sent me home. is this enough?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Usually: Unless you had associated fever and chills, the advice is sound. Report back to the hospital if redness spreads or if fever and chills appear.
Dr. Larry Xanthopoulos
Cellulitis: Cellulitis is a skin infection. Cephalexin is a good antibiotic to battle possible strep or staph which typically cause skin infections. The Dr drew a line to see whether the infection worsens and spreads outside of the line. He probably told you to call him with follow-up of what is going on with the rash and whether it improves or actually spreads.