how can meth show up in my hair if i javent done it since 2012 and i only been on codine and hydrocodone?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
33 years experience Neurology
Been to any parties?: When's the last time you went out to a party where people were smokin' it and you were there inhaling it for a period of time? Let me play Carnak the Great--- At least 10 days ago but no more than 90 days ago? Am I right, close? And if you've attended any meth parties in the past 7-9 days it'll take another 10 days for that to grow out.
Answered on Sep 9, 2014
Dr. Nadine Yamusah
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Tree rings: Depending on the person, hair grows about 1/2 in per month and continues growing for about 5 years unless disrupted by nutritional or hormonal imbalances etc. hence chemicals will be seen in your hair shafts/ follicle for as long as 5 years and some people 7-8 years as long as the hairs have not fallen out prematurely and gone through the last phase of t.he hair cycle
Answered on Apr 4, 2016