Stoughton, MA

my trigeminal , and occipital neuralgia has suddenly jumped to right side , scalp, ear, and jaw. age 41. shingles on left at age 27 . age 23 on left?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
See a neurologist: Occipital neuralgia (ON) involves the greater and lesser occipital nerves located in the back of the scalp and can produce neck pain as well as headache. The findings suggestive of trigeminal neuralgia -- particularly a younger patient -- should be questioned about other signs or symptoms of a primary neurological disease such as multiple sclerosis. See a neurologist.
Dr. Chirag Patel
Specializes in Neurology
See a neurologist: See a neurologist for your multiple neurological conditions, especially due to the new symptoms. http://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/occipital-neuralgia-symptoms-causes-treatments , http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/trigeminalneuralgia.html