U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Santa Ana, CA
A 25-year-old male asked:

If i have an attention disorder, what can i do to reduce the hyperactivity and stay away from meds like ritalin (methylphenidate) or adderal.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Neurology 34 years experience
Magic Word you said-: "IF"! There are many in the medical and psychological communities who have as of late been calling into question this apparent EPIDEMIC of ADD we are witnessing. I've got 60 and 70 year olds telling me that they're being diagnosed for the 1st time. I think you need a REALLY SOLID exam by someone who is not medication trigger happy to get the diagnosis. I find medication frequently worsens people

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 7, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.