Pueblo, CO

i am 32 weeks pregnant and i wanted to know how accurate a fetal fibronectin test was and if there was a physical way to know if your water breaks?

Dr. Jane Van Dis
Negative: Fetal Fibronectin is very accurate when the test is negative. At 32 weeks, if FFN is negative and cervical length is > 3.5cm then the chances of preterm delivery is 7%. Did your doctor measure your cervical length as well? If cervical length is 2.6-3.5 and FFN negative then chance of preterm delivery is 13%. Amnisure is a great test to rule out if your water has broken, or nitrazine with fern