United Kingdom

got a bump at the back of my mouth by my teeth and it is quite sore, my face is swollen and it's causing earache and a temperature what could it be?

Dr. Mark Pack
General Surgery 31 years experience
Dental Infection: May be a dental infection/tooth infection. See a dentist as soon as possible. Probably need antibiotics. They can evaluate how to properly treat it.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
See Dentist: Needs to be seen to be evaluated. Could be anything from an infected tooth to a tumor, or literally scores of other problems. The only thing you will learn from the computer is that you have a problem that has to be examined by a knowledgeable professional to be properly diagnosed. Please put down the computer, pick up the phone, and call your Dentist for an appointment.
Dr. Debra Rosenblatt
Dentistry 38 years experience
Contact DDS: See your dentist for a clinical and radiographic examination, variables include third molar involvement, caries or periodontal disease. See your dentist for a definitive diagnosis.

Last updated Dec 3, 2016