How can i get rid of my gynecomastia taking any herbal medication?

8 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Otto Placik answered

Specializes in Surgery - Plastics

No Such Thing: There are no readily available herbal methods of eliminating or reducing gynecomastia other than losing weight for the fatty component. The glandular component will require resection.

Answered 9/2/2013

5.9k views

Dr. Todd Sisto answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

??: Do you mean "is there an herbal that will improve the problem once it exists?"(no) or do you mean "could the herbal be causing gynecomastia & would stopping it help?"(yes & maybe). The best treatment in my opinion is slim lipo with 3-4 months continuous postop compression with surgical garment.

Answered 4/25/2015

5.9k views

Dr. Tom Pousti answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

No.: I have found that gynecomastia, if persistent, is often best treated with partial excision of the prominent glandular tissue as well as liposuction surgery of the peripheral chest area. If the prominence of the chest wall is caused by adipose tissue, then liposculpture surgery alone may suffice. For patients with excess skin, common after weight loss, skin excision may also be necesary.

Answered 9/6/2013

4.9k views